Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I don't want to get a reputation, but...

I should take in a Broadway show. Anyone
heard anything about this "Spiderman"
musical?
Okay, so this is going to be my third post about lost snakes.  And I really don't want to get a reputation as a girl who's obsessed with lost snakes because, seriously, who wants to be that girl?  But this is really funny. I'm sure by now you have all heard about the venomous Egyptian Cobra snake that has gone missing from the Bronx Zoo, simultaneously becoming the most famous snake in New York City (this is an accomplishment), spawning more "Egyptian freedom" jokes than anyone ever thought possible and providing us with the greatest zoo keeper quote of all time: 


"We understand the interest in this story and that everyone wants us to find the missing snake.  Right now, it’s the snake’s game.  At this point, it’s just like fishing; you put the hook in the water and wait. Our best strategy is patience, allowing her time to come out of hiding.  We remain confident that the snake is contained within the Reptile House." -- Zoo Director Jim Brehen, to the Metro. (Emphasis mine.) 


Well, wildcats, you heard the man -- right now, it's the snake's game.  And the snake has taken that game to Twitter, hilariously tweeting his way through the city that never sleeps as @bronxzooscobra.  


xo kate

2 comments:

  1. haha love this and I too follow the Bronx zoo cobra snake! How do I find you and Danielle on Twitter?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm katherine_mary but I NEVER post (I mostly use it to stalk my favorite dj clinton spark). I don't know if Danielle has twitter...

    ReplyDelete