Friday, May 20, 2011

"I know this might be uncool/ But I'm just telling the truth/ My self esteem's not low enough to date you/ It's close, but not quite there/ Give me time to get a little bit more desperate/ And you and I could make an awesome pair/ A totally awesome pair." - Garfunkel and Oates

Three up-and-comers in women in comedy.

Heather Morris
"Did you know dolphins are just gay sharks?"
Joining the cast of Glee as a professional dancer performing in a musical show, I don't think that Heather Morris intentionally became a comedienne, but her deadpan humor and classic one-liners made Brittany S. Pierce the second best thing about the show.

It remains to be seen if she'll be able to play anything else besides hilariously clueless but as long as she's making the lulls between performances on Glee slightly less mind-numbing, I'm on team Heather.


Garfunkel and Oates
Actresses/Comediennes Kate Micucci (Scrubs, Raising Hope) and Riki Lindhome (Million Dollar Baby) together form the comedic singing duo Garfunkel and Oates.  G&O cleverly and hilariously write and perform original songs that listeners can really identify with, such as "Pregnant Women are Smug" and "This Party Took a Turn for the Douche." 



xo kate

No comments:

Post a Comment