Thursday, September 22, 2011

GTL Thursday: All the love I have

I've never been a huge fan of Jovanotti, but I had to share a recent video of his for this GTL Thursday.


First, the background: Jovanotti is an Italian singer-songwriter that mixes hip hop, rap, funk, classical and even at times, ska.

Yes, ska.

Sounds weird, right?  Right.

Allora, I have listened to his 2010 song, "Tutto l'amore che ho" a few times and let me tell you, it is pretty, pret-ty, pret-ty depressing.  Too depressing for me to translate here.  (Plus, that would take me forever and a year.)

In short, Jovanotti is completely bummed and totally bitter to be separated from his love.  He is willing to do just about ANYTHING to get her back...including paying with all the love he has.  It is very Meatloaf.  Very Jacob Black.  Very Heathcliff.  (Not the cartoon, but the tortured Bronte hero..)

While the song isn't exactly the fun we usually watch here on W&W, the video redeems it. When I watch Jovanotti's video, I see a lone wolf who has to fight bad guys, dodge bullets, escape bus chases, avoid explosions, jump through windows, and face...get this...another lone wolf.  So deep. 


In all honesty, I have no idea what it has to do with the song, but I think you're gonna love it. Especially all the car bombs that fire in the last 60 seconds.  It is an epic symphony of boom.

2 comments:

  1. Injured and covered in litter (seriously, what's with all the garbage?) he still smiles like a SOB at the end. #winning

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is very un-jovanotti. I still have a crush on him though. Can't help it.

    ReplyDelete