Monday, November 28, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

How do you start your morning? I typically greet the day with an f-bomb, two coats of Loreal voluminous mascara, and several twirls on the curling iron.  And then I pack my breakfast of champions, and I'm all like, "come at me, bro."

Nah.  I don't really say that.  But after my little 5 hour energy wrap, I do feel ready to start my day. My breakfast wrap is the perfect blend of protein and complex carbs and magic and deliciousness.


Trust me.  Seriously. Lemme break it down for you guys.

First, I start with a bread base...because contrary to popular belief: not all carbs are evil, and are even necessary (gasp!) to keep your body fueled.  I use whole wheat wrap bread, and I rip the big ones in half...with my bare hands.  Roar.


I then schmear the bread with a natural crunchy peanut butter.  I prefer Teddy's.  You probably shouldn't use more than two tablespoons, because even natural peanut butter has a very high fat content.  But let's be honest, I don't measure.  I just focus on the protein and sticky mouth goodness coming my way.  In other words:  I live on the edge.


Next, I sprinkle a bit of uncooked, old-fashioned oats.  Now, the peanut butter to oats ratio is critical. You can't use so much oats that you get a huge bite of dry and raw, but you need enough so that you get the oatmeal flavor, as well as the benefit of the slowly digested grain. The peanut butter will moisten the oats, and the oats keep you full for soooooooooo long.  Wizardry.  That Quaker guy must have gone to Hogwarts.


Here's the best part--cinnamon!  This warm spice not only lends itself to further flavoring the oats, but it also helps regulate your blood sugar. I don't get it either, but it is true.  Science. Weird, right?


Lastly, I add my fresh fruit of choice.  I usually go with blueberries.  But I often mix it up with bananas, strawberries, and even apples if I'm feeling bold.  Oooooh.  I'm such a badass.


I wrap it up and serve this nutritious oatmeal cookie wrap with the warm, brown nectar of the modern day Gods:  coffee.  And then I kick ass and take names.  Or something.

Tryyyyyyyy it;  you'll like it.

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy. i will give it a try. i prefer the teddy smooth though.

    ReplyDelete