Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lovecats: Blair and Chuck

Have you guys been watching Gossip Girl?

You know I love her--xoxo--but I have not been enjoying the continued separation of Chuck and Blair. If there were ever two lovecats that deserved a break, it was these two scheming upper-east-siders. For reals.


I fully recognize that in order to keep the plot interesting, suspenseful and compelling, they need to present our beloved manipulators with challenges to their relationship.  I fully recognize that if Chuck and Blair were too happy for too long, I might get bored.

Might.

Maybe.  Possibly.  Probably.  Not.


But you know what else makes a plot boring?  Babies. 

Yep.  I said it.  Ha.

Don't get me wrong:  like many 27+2 year olds, I am baby obsessed--and that is putting it mildly.  I have tried to kidnap my friend's children.  Literally.  And it didn't go over well, I'm afraid. 

But when young characters on escapist teen dramas have babies, it never goes well. They become mothers with real problems (ie Andrea Zuckerman and Haley James Scott).  And we don't watch GG for insight into real problems.  I want Blair to sport the newest dress from Victoria Beckham's new line...not a breast pump.

How do you think Blair will deal with this transition?  What do you think the writers have planned? What are your predictions for the couple?


1 comment:

  1. Haha I love this post! And I have to admit, I haven't been following this season on the regular. I love me some babies, but I agree. I don't know how Blair is going to handle scheming and a designer diaper bag. I like her and Chuck together too, this prince has the snively thing going on. Not attractive.

    ReplyDelete