Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Crayola doesn't make a color for your eyes

I had to pull this one out of the comments section and give it it's own post.  In response to Dfest's earlier post about Sesame Street, the lovely and talented Bre of BreBeauty found and posted the best Sesame Street video ever. Yes, that's right folks, it's the one where they show how crayons are made! 

Over the years I've had no less than twenty separate conversations with people about how this is the greatest Sesame Street episode of all time.  The creators of Sesame Street really found what America's youth had been missing -- a visual journey of color through a factory full of happy old people set to a peppy instrumental.  Even twenty years later, it still holds up.

Thanks Bre!  You've made my day!

xo kate

2 comments:

  1. hahaha I LOVE this! I'm glad I'm not the only one who still discusses this episode of Sesame Street. Sesame Street was so ahead of it's time, way before Modern Marvels or How It's Made. The video truly stands the test of time, and I'm just as hypnotized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this too when I was a kid. What is funny though, is that I also remember this from Mr. Rogers. I found the link - kind of the same thing, but with narration by Mr. Rogers. I love him:

    http://pbskids.org/rogers/picpic.html

    ReplyDelete