Friday, February 18, 2011

The Silver Fox in the Wolfpack

I'm in the middle of watching Dexter: Season 3. Although I'm not caught up to the real time of the most recent season, I already know that I love that sprite of a serial killer. Once I do catch up, I'm sure I'll tell you all the reasons that I adore Dexter, and why it is completely okay to have a serial killer in the wolfpack. But that will have to wait.

For now, lets talk about the Silver Fox of Season 2, and newest member of my pack, Special Agent Frank Lundy.

Special Agent Frank Lundy: Morgan, come in. Can I offer you some tea?
Dexter Morgan: Uh, no, thank you. I'm...
Dexter Morgan: [thinking] And he pours it anyway. He's trying to throw me off balance, show that I don't have the power to say no to him.
Special Agent Frank Lundy: How about some sesame crackers to go with that?
Dexter Morgan: [thinking] So I'll say yes to everything.
Dexter Morgan: I'd love some.
Special Agent Frank Lundy: Oh. Sorry. Guess I ate them all.
Dexter Morgan: [thinking] Asshole.

Lundy is invariably cool, calm, and collected. He is also incredibly intelligent--picking up on details and drawing conclusions that ordinary agents miss. Among the FBI, he is known simply as "the rockstar". Indeed.

Other notable attributes that qualify him to run with us: a) he knows how to woo a woman and b) he knows how to cook a steak.

What more could we ask for in the Silver Fox of the pack?

That is not a rhetorical question. I'm going to tell you.

In addition to Lundy's innate ability to hunt serial killers and nail smokin hot chicks, and his love of tea and meat, he also has 3 important rules that we should all consider incorporating into our own life.

1. Always stop what you're doing and take time for lunch.
2. Always say what you mean. And mean what you say.
3. Listen to Chopin when you need to think. It helps the puzzle pieces fall into place.

Sidenote: Nocturne in C# minor is my favorite and I'm listening to it as I write this post.

What do you all think? Do you want to make out with Special Agent Lundy? What are some of rules that shape your everyday? And how badly do you want a steak right now?

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha the only silver fox I sweat is Anderson Cooper!

    I DO want a steak right now, I'm going for one tomorrow for lunch. Baby shower shopping takes a lot out of a girl. I need my protein! Have a great weekend wolfpack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I am, or was, in love with his older brother, Kwai Chang Caine, a much different type than your silver fox, Agent Lundy... although he could make a sandwich, couldn't he?? (bologna, in "Kill Bill Part 2", remember?)

    ReplyDelete