Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In the wolfpack: My favorite emulsion



Mayo is a stable emulsion of oil, egg yolk and either vinegar or lemon juice. 
 And it is friggin delicious.  
And lots of people don't like it.  
And I just can't understand that. 

It is all tangy, creamy, sweet and subtle boom pow. I don't dip my french fries in it, but I do believe it makes most sandwiches better.  And it makes me think of this scene from Pulp Fiction.





Vincent: You know what the funniest thing about Europe is?
Jules: What? 
Vincent: It's the little differences. I mean they got the same shit over there that they got here, but it's just - it's just there it's a little different. 
Jules: Examples? 
Vincent: Alright, well you can walk into a movie theater in Amsterdam and buy a beer. And I don't mean just like in no paper cup, I'm talking about a glass of beer. And in Paris, you can buy a beer at McDonald's. And you know what they call a, uh, a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris? 
Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese? 
Vincent: Nah, man, they got the metric system, they wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is. 
Jules: What do they call it? 
Vincent: They call it a "Royale with Cheese." 
Jules: "Royale with Cheese." 
Vincent: Thats right. 
Jules: What do they call a Big Mac? 
Vincent: A Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it "Le Big Mac." 
Jules: "Le Big Mac." [laughs] What do they call a Whopper? 
Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King. But, you know what they put on french fries in Holland instead of ketchup? 
Jules: What? 
Vincent: Mayonnaise. 
Jules: Yuck! Vincent: I seen 'em do it, man, they fuckin' drown 'em in that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment