Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

I'm taking Steve Jobs' death harder than is probably reasonable but I grew up on Macs.  Never owned a PC, Mac til I die.  Even when it's unpopular.  Currently, I own two MacBooks, an iPad, an iPhone and three iPods.  And I'm totally spoiled.

More than that though, Steve Jobs is such a inspiration.  His words here resonant with me as person and, in particular, as a person in the place in my life where I am: I just made a huge, risky move in my life because I'm search for the kind of passion and fulfillment that makes just surviving into a life.

"You’ve got to find what you love.

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. And don’t settle.

As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking. Don’t settle." - Steve Jobs








So thank you, Steve, for the words and the products we live our lives on, and for reminding us not to settle.  

xo kate

1 comment:

  1. Such an inspiring visionary. He will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete