Friday, January 28, 2011

C is for Cookie


Oh, Thin Mints, you had me at hello.
By now you've probably heard that the Girl Scouts are discontinuing some cookie flavors, in the hopes that a more concentrated marketing campaign and production will cut costs and increase revenue.  (Don't panic, it's mostly the flavors you've never heard of -- what the heck is a Shout Out? Or a Thank U Berry Much -- you know how I feel about fruit masquerading as dessert...) BUT you may not have had the chance to play the Wall Street Journal's interactive cookie matching game. 

It took me "16 tries."  Probably because until I was in high school I thought that Thin Mints were the only kind of Girl Scout cookie.  And that they were called Girl Scout cookies, rather than Thin Mints.  If you want to talk about the business end of a hissy fit, imagine my shock the first time I was offered a "Girl Scout cookie" and handed a Samoa. 

xo kate

2 comments:

  1. I'm really embarrassed. I played the game and got them all right on the first try. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Thin Mints. By far the superior girl scout cookie. Promise me you will try them dipped in hot chocolate. So good! Off to test my cookie (fat kid) skills!

    ReplyDelete