Sunday, January 30, 2011

A girl's just as hot as the shoes she choose

So tonight were the SAG awards.  I didn't watch them or particularly care about them, since they seem like sort of a B-list awards show (and I don't get cable, which limits my ability to watch award shows) but I did hustle on over to US Weekly's website to judge what the ladies were wearing.  Turn's out, the B-list awards show turns out some B-list fashion.  Overall, I was totally underwhelmed with what I saw.  Nonetheless, here's my picks for best dressed.  Apparently I'm feeling strapless cuts and fiery colors.
When in doubt, wear red.
(1) Julianna Margulies looks totally flawless.  This cut and color is absolutely perfect on her.  I love the sweetheart neckline with the gathered draping on the bodice. (2) I'm usually not a big fan of tulle but I really think that Nonie is pulling it off here.  Plus, I'm a sucker for a high pony. (3) This fabric is fantastic. Well done, Mila.  (4) Sarah Hyland looks great in this color.  Orange is tough to wear -- especially on the red carpet and I think she's carrying it well (plus I just love her on Modern Family).  The draping looks little dated to me, but I love the lines.

The bad were a little easier to choose:
I know that you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?
I think you can in Europe.
(1) I have absolutely no idea who Jennifer Lawrence is, but apparently the designer of this dress thought that she had five arms and draped accordingly. (2) I think that at some point someone must have told January Jones, "You're so beautiful you could wear a set of curtains." So she did.  (3) This dress does absolutely nothing for Kim's figure or coloring. Also, since when is Kim an actress?  How did she even get invited to the SAG awards?  (4) At least her shoes match.  (5) I love Jane Lynch, but she looks so awkward is this dress that I can barely handle it.  This dress should not be worn by anyone not attending their Gone with the Wind themed junior prom.  (6) As far as I know, Melissa Leo isn't preggo.  Therefore, the shine on this dress is a major problem.  And the cut isn't good either.  What happened to her Golden Globes stylist?

Ladies, I'm disappointed.  Let's hope things get better for the Grammy's.

Luckily, my fabulous new boots arrived this weekend.  I'm just going to wear them around my apartment and forget this whole SAG awards thing ever happened.

xo kate

1 comment:

  1. Cute boots! I'm with you, I was definitely underwhelmed, so much so that I barely watched before quitting watching altogether. I agree with your picks 100%. I look forward to Joan Rivers and Co. roasting the SAG awards.

    P.S. Not only are the SAG awards decidedly B-List, the acronym is not flattering.

    ReplyDelete