Thursday, January 6, 2011

Its T-shirt Tiiiiiiiiiiiiime

The new season of the Jersey Shore is about to begin in a few moments. Honestly, who can believe the series is already in its 3rd run?

You might think that as a legit Italian American, that I wouldn't respect and/or understand the antics of Pauly, Vinny, Sam, J-Wow, Snooki, Ronnie and the Situation.

You think wrong.
I love these guidos.
I love this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_pbnMIhunE

My favorite of the crew is Pauly D. He may not know it, but he runs in my wolfpack.

We all know Pauly for his clever sayings and acronyms: IFF. DTF. GTL. MVP....just to name a few. However, there is more to Pauly D than his uncanny ability to coin acronyms that stick.

And so, here is a list of ahhhhhmazing Pauly quotes that are not only poetic, but also elucidate why this man is fresh to death and the newest member of my wolfpack.

1. Vinny spoons. I fork.

2. We sit on the couch with our tank tops until its T-shirt TIIIIIME.

3. Whatever happens, happens...ya know what I'm saying? I got the best blowout in the country. Cabs are here!

4. I need somebody that knows how to take one for the team. Or entertain a grenade. Or even decipher the bomb...if one comes...ya know what I mean? Its a war out there.

5. Don't let the spike here fool you, like, I'm not a bitch.


6. You gotta stay "fresh to death," I call it; fresh outfit, fresh haircut, fresh tan, just stay fresh.

7. First, we start off by banging the ground. We're banging it as the beat builds, cause that beat is hittin us, so we're fightin back.

8. My hair is windproof, waterproof, soccerproof, motorcycleproof. I'm not sure if my hair is bulletproof; I'm not willing to try that.

9. Its so hard to find good men these days. That's why I date women.

10. You spilled the haterade.



There you have it. Pauly D: a modern day Shakespeare. I can't wait to see what jems he leaves us with this season. Speaking of which, I'm not sure how much longer the Jersey Shore will be a part of our lives. I mean, at some point, it has to end. Right? All that GTL, all that booze, all that fist pumping, all that hair gel...has to do something to you, right?

Neil (my fantastic office mate and friend) and I were actually just discussing the shelf life of the Shore. In doing so, we brainstormed a few creative ideas on how MTV can continue to infuse the show with new drama.





We think season 4 should take place in Rimini--a beach city in Italy with a hopping nightlife. Ahhhhhhhh! Guidos in Italia? Santa Cleopatra! Magari! Its so brilliant, I think I need to need write a letter to the producers. But...how do you top that?


Season 5, then, only has one option--the final guido frontier.

That's right. Deep space. From a space station, Ronnie could bench-press 5000lbs and Snooki could give a whole new meaning to "catching rays" as they orbit the sun.

What do you think? What is your favorite JS quote? What do you think about the new chick? About Vinny's shower caddy? And how do you feel about our idea of guidos in space?

No comments:

Post a Comment