Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Countdown is On...

We're officially 2 hours out from the 83rd Academy Awards and I thought that it was time to let you know what I'm most looking forward to...

They seem more relaxed about
hosting than I am...
(5) James Franco and Anne Hathaway.  I so badly want them to be good, but there's a part of me that just fears it's going to be an utter train wreck.  They are the youngest pair ever to host the show and I feel like our generation is under a lot of pressure tonight. I mean, if they aren't good, I'm not sure when the next time a young actor or actress are going to be invited to host.  I love Anne Hathaway but sometimes she can be kind of annoying and shrill.  And you all know how I feel about James Franco.  What if he gets all bitter after he loses?  It will really ruin the image that I have of him as perpetually cool.

(4) Red carpet interviews.  I love the awkwardness between the red carpet interviewers and the stars.  Especially when the interviewer seems to not know who the star is, or pushes them out of the shot because a bigger star comes along.  It's painfully uncomfortable and a little funny.

(3) The Social Network.  You know how much I love movies set in Boston (even if this one was inaccurate -- when was the last time you saw an undergrad or a BU student at The Thirsty Scholar? The answer is never.) and I'm thrilled to see who the young actors bring and, of course, the horrible awkwardness between Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel.

(2) The dresses.  Here are some of my Oscar favorites from year's past.
 I'll be in pajamas, but the stars probably won't.  Unless, of course, Bjork decides to show up
(1) PS22.  Pretty much my favorite musical group ever.  I'm literally in love with these kids.


The excitement is building at the Chambers.  Enjoy the show, wildcats.

xo kate

No comments:

Post a Comment