Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Oh, and Ashton Kutcher is extremely good looking.

This movie poster is delightfully
cheesy.  And I love how they
look like wax figurines.
So tonight I was watching No Strings Attached, because it recently came out on iTunes and because I have thousand other things that are less fun to do.  It was exactly what you would expect.  Exactly.  And I mean that as an absolute compliment.  I love chick flicks.  Love em.  There's nothing that I hate more than when I sit down to watch a chick flick and something unexpectedly tragic happens, or there's not a happy ending.  There's enough in my life and in the world that is unpredictable, so I want my mindless entertainment to be enjoyable and satisfying.  Period.  Don't try to make it more than it is.  So, I enjoyed No Strings Attached for it's serious, grade-A, chick flickiness (we're talking starts-at-summer-camp-ends-at-a-wedding chick flickiness) and because it has too of my biggest girl crushes, Natalie Portman (you know about this one) and Mindy Kaling (you'll hear about this one at some point).

Beyond those fine qualities, No String Attached also reminded me about the fantastic Hugo version of 99 Problems.  I completely forgot that this existed and now it's back in my life and I'm happy.  Remembering an old song is sometimes just as good as discovering a new one.


So the moral, wildcats, as always, is sometimes you've gotta forget you have actual responsibilities and watch a chick flick on a Wednesday night.

xo kate

1 comment:

  1. I loved No Strings Attached! Great chick flick that even guys seemed to enjoy. Good version of 99 problems too. What do you think of the blatant upcoming Mila Kunis/Justin Timberlake rip off?

    ReplyDelete