Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Remembering to let the wild rumpus start...

Where the Wild Things Are has been one of my favorite books for as long as I can remember.  I read it to my students during the first week of school and use it to teach just about about everything.  My bedroom growing up had a Where the Wild Things are Dartmouth Winter Carnival poster on the wall for as long as I can remember.  My high school graduation party had a Where the Wild Things Are theme for the invitation.  My grandma gave me a Max doll when I was two that I still have (his white suit is now a pretty gross shade of grey...).



At any rate, I'm horrible sad to learn that Maurice Sendak, author of the children's classic, has died at age 83.  Thank you, Mr. Sendak, for helping me and so many of my students learn to love to read.  We'll be reading Where the Wild Things Are today in second grade.

xo kate

No comments:

Post a Comment