Thursday, May 31, 2012

Festafunk

With next month's release of Magic Mike, which is loosely based on Channing Tatum's experiences as a young stripper, I have Step Up on the brain.  Obviously.

And I keep coming back to one question: why did I never join a dance crew?

Let's put aside my bad knees and lack of street cred, I've got moves.  I'm murder on the dance floor. Smooth like ice.

I can Dougie, for gosh sakes.  I kill the Cupid Shuffle.  Not to mention, I've got a mean game face...I'm all like, come at me bro.

Aaaannnd I'm quite good at improv.  Give me a beat and I will bust a move.

Just imagine how clutch I would be in a dance battle.  Can you see it? I'm all boom kat, boom boot kat.

I'd need a dance crew nickname...nothing to flashy, something like Razor or D-Swagga or Festafunk.

Had I two-stepped onto this life path, I would have ultimately fallen in love with a young man from the wrong side of the tracks, who possessed an uncanny ability to pop and lock, a killer back-flip, and of course, a heart of pure gold.

Sigh.

What's your best dance move?  What would your crew name be?  And are you going to see Magic Mike in theaters?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment