Saturday, January 1, 2011

In honor of the winter classic

I have a good feeling about 2011.

For one, I started the day with a meal at Five Guys. Thats right, I kicked off 1.1.11 at 1pm with a breakfast of champions: a bacon cheeseburger with grilled onions, pickles and extra mayo. It is this girl's opinion that mayo makes everything more delicious.


Secondly, I had a successful trip to Payless Shoes during which I purchased a fantastic and much needed pair of patent leather black pumps for $22.50. Can't beat it.




And thirdly, the Washington Capitals won the Winter Classic.


You might be surprised or even shocked that I am invested in the success of the Capitals, or that I am interested in hockey at all.

Frankly, your gut is right-on target. I rarely watched hockey games. In fact, although I find the black and yellow of the Bruins' jerseys very flattering, I've never even been to a Bs game.

Despite my apathy, I agreed to watch the HBO series: 24/7 Penguins/Capitals Road to the NHL Winter Classic with a few girlfriends. If you haven't caught an episode of this show--do it before it is removed from the on-demand queque. The music is exciting, the naration is compelling, and the hockey players are downright fantastic...with the exception of Alexander Ovenchkin, who is completely overrated and overpayed, if you ask me.

Which brings me to my point: I need to finagle a way to meet Mike Green of the Washington Capitals and recruit him to my wolfpack.

For all of you hockey fans out there, I might be stating the obvious by spelling out why Mike Green is the first name added to my 2011 wolfpack. But for the rest of you, allow me to explain.

1. Mike Green wears slippers while riding his vespa around the patriotic streets of DC proper.

2, He looks good in a suit, as well as hockey gear, as seen here: http://www.life.com/image/102357370

3. He was born in 1985 and so acknowledging his hotness is totally appropriate and does not in any way make me a cougar or him an "amber-alert".

4. He fights for his team.

5. His nickname is "Game Over" because he is so freaking clutch.

What are your thoughts? Are there other NHL players more worthy of my wolfpack? Should I never blog about professional athletes again?

2 comments:

  1. Mike Green is so FREAKIN AWESOME i watch hockey every time the caps play i even go to some games and its awesome. mike green is the greatest player in my book. he is my fav player
    LOVE, THE CAPS #1 FAN AND MIKE GREENS #1 FAN <3 I <3 THE CAPS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will agree with you MIKE GREEN IS A HOTTY. i love Mike Green ;) love Anonymous

    ReplyDelete