Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Basically, I absolutely love being a woman." - MKA

I know that I've mentioned here before how much I love TED Talks.  I don't watch them all, or even as much as I should, but every time that I do I'm entertained, I learn something new and, maybe most importantly, the talks stick with me -- I continue to think about them long after they are over.

This week, former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright (Wellesley '59) talks about the role of women and women's issues in diplomacy.  I'm a proud Democrat, woman and Wellesley alum, and as such, a huge fan of Secretary Albright, or Maddie as I like to call her.  But even if you're not, I think that you'll appreciate her frankness, fashion sense, humor and intellect in this conversation with Pat Mitchell.

My favorite quote is, "It doesn't mean that the whole world would be better if it were run only by women.  If you think that, you've forgotten high school."
Speaking of why it's absolutely fabulous to be a woman, one of my favorite shopping sites, ModCloth is having a huge sale right now.  I just brought two dresses for under $30 -- check it out now, wildcats.

xo kate

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! And I too love Madeline Albright. Have you ever read her book, Read My Pins: Stories From a Diplomat's Jewel Box? You have to. She is full of great quotes, I love the high school one too. High school. *shudders* off to check out the Modcloth sale! Thanks Kate!

    ReplyDelete