Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday without Chuck Bass might as well be Tuesday.

Gossip Girl has had a roller coaster season four so far, with great highs (Chuck and Blair, Eminem featured in two episodes, sex on the piano) and very low lows (the introduction of Eva, anything that involved Lily, the fact that Taylor Momsen is still in the credits) but with the show on hiatus until mid-April, I find myself with some time on my hands this Monday night.

Since the second best thing about Gossip Girl -- after Mr. Charles Bass -- is the fashion, I thought I'd relive with you some of my favorite Blair and Serena outfits from the fourth season so far.

Blair
(1) The very first episode of the season and Blair knocked one out of the park with this gorgeous print from Moschino Resort FTW.  Usually I would find a print like this too busy -- especially with the Chanel bag -- but the cut of this dress was so flirty and fun, I just totally love it.  Also, I really want to be able to wear a hat on the back of my head like that.  It always falls off my head when I do that; what's the secret?  (2) This asymmetrical J. Mendel is sophiticated and interesting and I love the sash.  (3) I'm obsessed with polka dots, and I love the midcentury siloette.  Very Mad Men.  Bensoni's one shouldered take on this classic is fresh and fabulous.  (4) It's short.  It's sparky. It's Valentino.  It's nine grand. (5) I feel like nude has been everywhere this year, which makes me jealous because I totally can't wear it, but I love Victoria Beckman's day-to-night version here.

Serena
Usually I consider myself a Blair Waldorf girl through-and-through.  I'm brunette.  I'm preppy.  I'm sort of a bitch.  It just fits.  But this year I've been obsessed with a few of Serena's outfits.  These three in particular just stuck with me.
(1) This Stella McCartney sequin dress is fantastic on it's own, and I absolutely love it with the fitted blazer and Lanvin cut out pumps.  I like to imagine that this is what I look like when I'm hanging around in Boston, but I'm pretty sure I actually look like this.  Just kidding -- but that is what you get when you Google "boston lady."  (2) This Kaufman Franco halter dress is absolutely phenomenal.  That's it.  Perfect cut, perfect color, perfect sparkle.  Also, scarves are the ultimate accessory.  Serena knows this and so should you.  (3) This was the episode that Serena wore that dramatic Jenny Packham black and white gown, which was breath-taking and got a lot of attention, but I really fell in love with this Diane Von Furstenberg. It's slightly more practical.  (But only slightly, since it's a DVF and I work in non-profit.)  Oh and, for the record, DVF forever.


And no matter the season, or the day of the week, there's one Gossip guy who always looks great.
Those are my favorites of season four so far.  Let's hope Manhattan's elite continue to deliver when they finally come back next month.


xo kate

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, I'm over the reruns, and I didn't like all the Lily stuff. How do you feel about Blair and Lonely Boy? It's like Friends at this point, everyone has paired up with everyone!

    I love Blair and Serena's style, I'm with you that DVF is gorgeous, and totally practical haha

    I love Chuck's style but the teeth clenching and his growling voice just make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete