Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Poppycock

Who thought this was a good idea?

Everytime I see this commercial, I wonder who is the silly ad exec (or team of silly execs) who thought up this absurd idea, put together the pointless pitch, and presented this inane (yes inane) idea to the Butterfinger team?

More importantly, who is the Butterfinger genius who not only said yes to this cockamamy idea, but also PAID for it?

Sidenote: how great is the word cockamamy? Go ahead. Use it in a sentense today.

I really love Butterfingers. I love how I have no idea what is actually inside of them. I also love how they get stuck in my teeth. And yet, I haven't tried these so-called Snackerz. I just can't do it. The SoCo chicks just ruin it for me.

And was it really necessary to use a z to pluralize snackerz? Cause that seems questionable as well.

1 comment:

  1. haha my mom jokes that this is how I act around dessert and/or any kind of chocolate.

    She's right. I will throw down. I don't share my sweets!

    I'm not a fan of Butterfingers, for all the reasons you listed above-getting stuck in my teeth and wondering what the hell I'm chewing doesn't do it for me. I'll take a Fifth Avenue over a Butterfingers any day! I think they should bring back the Bart Simpson commercials.

    ReplyDelete