Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sometimes you want to dance...

I'm having a serious case of the "I don't wannas" today.  I have a million errands to run, lots and lots of work to do and a messy apartment to clean before the weekend is over.  But, really, all I really want to do is dance.  So that's what I've been doing.  Dancing around my apartment and singing oldies.
I'd be so much more classy and fabulous if I was really listening to this, 
rather than my MacBook. Someday, wildcats.  Someday.
(image via it's mary ruffle)
But don't you worry, I'm not just living in the past.  I have the new cover of Motown classic, Ain't Too Proud to Beg by New York-based DJ's-turned-production-duo-turned-performers The Knocks to keep me company.  I wrote about The Knocks' Dancing with the DJ in my favorite songs of 2010 post, and these two talented young men (B-Roc and J-Patt) just keep getting better.  I absolutely can't wait for their EP of Motown covers, The Same Old Songs to be released this spring.  I'll admit, I'm slightly bias since B-Roc is the younger brother of one of my oldest friends, a talent herself, but I'd like them even if I didn't know them.  And I think you will too.  Download it for free here.

Oh, yeah, and it's not remix.  You'll swear that's the voice of Temptation's great David Ruffin but it's James Patterson.

I told you they were talented.

xo kate

No comments:

Post a Comment